So when growing up, I developed a bit of paranoia about it and with two exceptions, I haven't lost or forgot anything in the past 25 years.
Until today.
I was on the way to a customer, by bus. Due my paranoia I never ever put down my small bag when traveling. However it was hot and my neck was sweaty, so I put my bag down.
Damned routine I tell you: when my stop came, I stood up, picked up my backpack, but forgot my small bag behind me, as I am used to the fact it comes "automatically" coz I never put it down in first place.
3 streets later I realise. OMFG. Keys, visa, ID, everything in that fucking bag and speeding away to downtown without me.
Quickly opened the browser on my phone (good that wasn't in the bag) searched the number to call metropolitan transport info. They gave me two other numbers for the bus central and after a few tries I got through and explained my case, giving the wrong bus-line number 2 times as I was kinda nervous.
And the woman that helped me on the phone actually managed to contact the bus driver, who recovered my bag before some passenger did. And the best is that we also managed to arrange it so I could catch the same bus in the opposite direction 45min. later to recover my bag, intact.
Well done TMB, I wish everyone had always the same luck as me today.

No comments:
Post a Comment